We understand that you might not see an answer choice that exactly matches your situation. Please do your best to select an answer option that best describes your situation, even if it’s not exact. It may be helpful to know that the questions and possible answers come from standard, validated scientific assessments – which is why we choose not to alter the question and/or answer options.
Articles in this section
- I am unable to complete study tasks because I do not have access to a computer or I am too busy right now. Will this affect my participation in the Brain Health Registry?
- I cannot complete certain study tasks because of a disability. Can I continue to participate in the Brain Health Registry?
- I don’t know how to use computers and/or I struggle with technology. Can I have someone assist me in completing study tasks in the Brain Health Registry?
- Will I get results from my brain tests?
- I’m trying to fill out a questionnaire but I don’t see an answer option that perfectly represents me. What do I do?