There is no physical risk in collecting saliva from a self-collection kit. Some participants may experience fatigue, boredom and/or frustration when handling the kit instructions. Your information will be kept private but there is always a risk of loss of privacy. We have several safeguards in place to protect your data from disclosure, including saving data on secure, encrypted servers that meet HIPAA requirements.
Articles in this section
- How can I join the GenePool Study?
- What is the purpose of this study?
- What is expected of me as a participant?
- How much time does it take to participate?
- How can I withdraw from this study or what if I no longer want to be part of this study?
- What are the risks of joining this study?
- How will you keep my information confidential?
- Is there any compensation and treatment for this study?
- Can I provide my genetic results from another study?
- When will I receive the saliva kit?
Article is closed for comments.