The overall purpose of this study is to evaluate online survey tools that may help identify risk factors in developing Alzheimer’s disease, a brain disease that causes dementia. In this study, the online survey tools include: 1) the electronic Clinical Dementia Rating Scale (eCDR), 2) the electronic Financial Capacity Instrument (eFCI), as well as additional online brain tests and questionnaires. This study will test the ability of these online survey tools to measure a person’s memory, thinking, and ability to complete everyday tasks. This study aims to determine whether a person’s performance on these online survey tools can be used to predict changes in their memory and thinking over time. We will do this by having participants (1) complete paper & pencil assessments in a research clinic; (2) complete online survey tools in a research clinic; and (3) complete online survey tools in an at-home environment using the Internet.
Articles in this section
- What is the purpose of this study?
- What is expected of me as a participant?
- How much time does it take to participate?
- Where will study visits be located?
- How can I withdraw from this study or what if I no longer what to be part of this study?
- What are the risks of joining this study?
- How will you keep my information confidential?
- Is there any compensation for this study?
- What should I expect in terms of results? Do I receive the data?
- What if I have concerns about participating in the study during COVID-19 pandemic?